Substitute Preschool Teacher
Minimum of twelve Early Childhood Education units required
Familiarity with appropriate curriculum and standards
Familiarity with Christian principles
The Substitute Preschool Teacher will be responsible for assisting classroom teachers in implementing an NAEYC appropriate program.
Prepare children for kindergarten by introducing concepts they will explore further in kindergarten and elementary school education
Work with children in groups or one on one, depending on the needs of children and the subject matter
Carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills
Organize activities so children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents
Young children learn from playing, problem solving, questioning, and experimenting. Preschool teachers use play and other instructional techniques to teach children about the world. For example, they use storytelling and rhyming games to teach language and vocabulary. They may help improve children’s social skills by having them work together to build a neighborhood in a sandbox or teach math by having children count when building with blocks.
Preschool teachers work with children from different ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds.
Please contact Laura Desautels at 415-897-2510.
K-5 Instructional Aide II
The Instructional Aide II, under limited supervision, is to assist in the instruction of students; report results to the instructor, and modify instructional efforts on the basis of directions given by the teacher.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The Instructional Aide II shall have:
knowledge of basic methods used in instruction.
ability to understand and apply rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers and administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Instructional Aide II:
- shall assist students individually or in small groups.
- shall administer and score tests..
- may select materials to deal with specific problems students are encountering, in consultation with the teacher.
- shall participate with the teacher in planning of instruction; serve as a curriculum resource under the direction of the teacher.
- shall clarify concepts and reinforce learning.
- shall perform other duties as assigned.
- may administer first aid.
- attends and actively participates in workdays, staff development days and staff meetings if requested.
9. participates in special school events such as chapels, open house, Parent Association events, worship services at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.