The Parents' Association (PA) at Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a collaborative group of parents who work towards establishing bridges of trust and communication between the School administration, teachers, parents, and students.
The mission of the Parents' Association at Good Shepherd Lutheran School is to enhance the academic and social experience for all within the community of parents, teachers, and students.
- To promote support and fellowship among parents in an effort to build upon our Christian community;
- To foster a partnership, which incorporates cooperation and goodwill, among parents, teaching staff, administration, and the school board;
- To support our administration and teaching staff through the many talents and resources of our parents;
- To encourage parent participation in activities which will enhance the academic, spiritual, and physical learning environments of our children;
- To coordinate school fundraisers through the school board which will provide revenues for otherwise unbudgeted items or services for the academic, athletic, and extracurricular programs and social events for our families and faculty;
- To provide opportunities for students to perform and otherwise demonstrate special skills learned during the year;
- To stimulate participation, attendance, and excellence in our athletic and extracurricular programs.
2017-2018 Parents' Association Officers:
- President(s): Annie van den Toorn, Shawna Mullarkey
- Vice President: Sandra Dolan
- Secretary: Judy Riccio
- Treasurer: Karen Leech
- Welcome and Onboarding Committee: kicks off the school year and helps to onboard new families.
- Community Outreach and Events Committee: builds community through outreach and events.
- Art and Enrichment Council: supports and celebrates enrichment programs and events.
- Appreciation Committee: fosters culture of gratitude for teachers, staff, and parent volunteers.
- Fundraising Committee: oversees effective fundraising program to supports the mission of the PA.
- Communications Committee: works to effectively communicate PA events and initiatives.
The PA will hold three General PA meetings this school year: September 13, January 10, and May 9. The Governing Committee (officers, committee chairs, key leads) will meet all other months on the second Wednesday at 8:45 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All GSLS parents, from preschool to middle school, are strongly encouraged to attend the PA General meetings which will be designed with the broader community in mind and will include a parent education segment.
What parents can do:
- Get Involved! Volunteer for a role with the PA or a PA event. We need you!
- Sign-up for eSCRIP: EScrip Sign Up This is basically FREE MONEY for GSLS as we earn a % of sales for every dollar spent by parents at Nugget, Target, and other stores and services. Sign-up today -- it's EASY!
- Consider being a Room Parent – a critical role, the Room Parent helps to create a fabulous, organized year for each class.
- If your child likes pizza, sign up for Pizza Wednesdays! This is a big fundraiser for the PA and the kids love it!
- Attend Dine and Donate events throughout the year. GSLS will receive a donation from each business.
- Attend community events and fundraisers throughout the year and enjoy our school, community and kids!