Please, read our Lower and Upper School Director letter regarding re-opening here: Re-Opening Guidelines
Immediate Press Release from the Marin County Office of Education:
Here’s what the CA State School Superintendent said:
- There is a statewide guide to re-opening schools, which we are following. The link to the state-wide plan is here: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/he/hn/documents/strongertogether.pdf
- Focus group testing is underway in Marin County
- Implementation will vary based on individual school communities.
- It appears these will only be guidelines, not mandates.
- GSLS is a private school, so we have more latitude than public schools. We will follow recommendations of MCOE, the Public Health Department and our licensing office.
Here is our GSLS approach:
- Student safety is our top priority, as well as the health and safety of our teachers and staff.
- Our goal is to provide frequent parent communication
- Student mental health is also important. This is the time where children learn and navigate social intelligence. That happens best when they are fact to face with their peers.
- We fully anticipate opening safely this fall with a newly staggered drop-off schedule, health screenings and significant cleaning protocols.
- The Reopening Task Force will be working all summer to come up with the best plans for reopening with student safety and optimal learning environment as our focus.
- Plans will include further spacing in classrooms, utilizing outside space, breaks and lunches with minimal crossing of student traffic.
While these changes will keep our students within the anticipated guidelines, they will not dramatically degrade the school experience at GSLS. The rhythm of school, school socialization, and on-site education will be good for our kids’ overall health and wellness, and we look forward to a wonderful and safe reunion.
Click on the links for other Frequently Asked Questions:
Marin Health Department: https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/
Marin Recovery Link: MarinRecovers.com